It was a beautiful day on Lake Koronis and the first of 6 Minnesota Bass Tour events is officially in the books.
Congratulations to team Shake N’ Bake of Lucas Matzke and Derek Born with 18.70 lbs and the 2nd biggest bass of the tournament, a 6.10 lb largemouth!
Shake N’ Bake held off Last Cast (Paul Hecht, Mark Wessel) with 17.75 lbs, Team RoboWorm (Dan Cochran, Billy Linaugh) with 16.60 lbs and Flippin’ & Lippin’ (Mike Doughty, Tim “Krebby” Krebs) win the 4th Place Sunline Spot with 16.00 lbs.
Compared to our 2015 Koronis visit, smallmouths were harder to come by today. As is customary after each tournament, each team shared their tactics and approach, collectively citing “junk fishing” for largies for what was on the menu: swim jigs, tube baits, senkos were the ticket throughout the day.
Pictures and video will be posted soon here and on the Minnesota Bass Tour Facebook page.
Clam Outdoors Big Bass Award
Flippin’ & Lippin’ also claims the Clam Outdoors Big Bass of the day, a 6.15 lbs oinker. Along with the side pot cash, Mike and Krebby each received a Jason Mitchell Elite Series Rod. Of special note, their big bass was the 4th largest bass in MBT history!
Koronis By the Numbers
Just as we experienced in 2015, Koronis resulted in some of our larger historical bags.
- The previously mentioned 6.15 lb bass being 4th largest ever caught in competition.
- The 6.10 lb by Shake N’ Bake is the 5th largest in history.
- Total overall bass weight (212.65 lbs) resulted in the 3rd Highest Team average of 15.189 lbs per team.
- The 3.035 lb average bass size was good enough for 6th in history.
- See how Koronis stacks up historically against other lakes on the MBT History sheet.
Next Up: Lake Waconia on June 25th
Stay tuned for another Facebook Live drawing for boat order!