Let’s weigh ’em like the good ol’ days!
Tourney #2 brings us to the familiar and fun waters of Lake Minnetonka presented by Blackfish Gear! We can’t choose the weather but Blackfish’s line up will always keep us comfortable no matter how challenging the weather conditions get during a tournament day. For us in the Tour, it means we can keep focus on bringing in the winning limit while looking and feeling great.
Anglers throughout the state were relieved that the restrictions to social gatherings at lakes loosened to the levels that have been allowed at your local big box stores since March. This means the Minnesota Bass Tour will be resuming it’s typical weigh-in procedures while adhering to proper social distancing rules! Bring on the hawgs!
This will mark the 9th time the Tour has been on Lake Minnetonka and of those, the 4th time during the month of June. Results have been mixed as we are coming out of the spawn and it’s anyone’s guess if they will be finding their fish tight lipped or beginning their binge as they establish their summer patterns.
Team Shake N’ Bake Lucas Matzke and Aaron Grefsrud started the season on Koronis with a huge bag of 24+ pounds. But it’s early and no lead in the Team of the Year Race is ever safe given the competitive ranks of the Minnesota Bass Tour anglers! Here’s the schedule, lake details and ease-off order:
Tournament #2: Lake Minnetonka
Date-Time: Sunday, June 21 | 6:00am – 2:00pm
Launch & Weigh-in Locations (Google Maps Link).
Launch: Lake Minnetonka Regional Park (Three Rivers Park System) – Park Entrance Pass is $6
Weigh-in: South side of Wawatosa Island which is located just north of the Regional Park Launch.
Speed Limit: Note that Minnetonka has a 40 mph speed limit.
1. DD’s (Dane Dornbush, Dan Lindahl)
2. Bag’em & Tag’em (Aaron and Ron Schmoldt)
3. The Bass Whisperers (Jeremy Abbott, Luke Wrubel)
4. Team TBD (Phil Krohn, Matt Feiten)
5. The MoneyShots (Jared and Jaxson Tidd)
6. Team Roboworm (Dan Cochran, Billy Linaugh)
7. Mixed Bag (Victor Moyer, Tom Parker)
8. Rocks & Docks (Chad Griggs, Derek Griggs)
9. The Bassassins (Jim Krocak, Dan Krocak)
10. Last Cast (Paul Hecht, Mark Wessel)
11. Silver Lining (Jeremie Larson, Bruce Larson)
12. Shake N’ Bake (Lucas Matzke, Derek Born)
13. PentaBass (Jared Simons, Alex Norbury)
14. Gotta Have More Cowbell (Jesse Larson, Rocky Novak)
Payouts & Awards
1st Place – $245 and two Quantum Reels
2nd Place – $150 and two $25 All-Terrain Tackle gift cards
3rd Place – $100
Big Bass #1 – $100 and two $60 Blackfish Bucks
Big Bass #2 – $40
Other Tourney Notes
Tournament Subs: None known/communicated about at this time, If others are going to require a sub, please notify tournament directors.
Lake Minnetonka presented by Blackfish Gear
Check out all their great products at