Lake Waconia or Bust!
This weekend marks the fourth time that the Minnesota Bass Tour has fished this wonderful fishery in the southwest metro. Curiously, Waconia has historically greeted us in the morning with lightning, hail and a resulting delay, but then by weigh-in the lake’s bounty weighed down the scales for the teams!
As recent as 2015, team Silver Lining – Jeremie Larson and his 16 year old nephew Drew reeled in 22.75 lbs which at that time was the tour’s top weight caught in any touney! (Oh, and Aaron Grefsrud and Derek Jacobson of Team StrikeForce also brought in a “better luck next time” 20.65 lbs for 2nd place that day…)
Will severe weather set the early morning tone yet again? Rest assured, if there is another thunderous start, anglers will be enjoying whatever the elements bring in their Gill Technical Fishing rain wear, a 2017 signature sponsor of the MN Bass Tour.
Will a record setting bag happen again? It very well could as these fish move into summer patterns and potentially start schooling up!
It’s “Lake Waconia or Bust” for our second stop on the 2017 MN Bass Tour!
Here’s the schedule, lake details and ease-off order:
Tournament #2: Lake Waconia
Date-Time: Sunday, June 25 | 6:00am – 2:00pm
Launch & Weigh-in Locations
East Side DNR Public Access located off County 92 in Carver County. (Google Maps link).
Ease-off Order (See it drawn on our Facebook page too )
1. Gotta Have More Cowbell (Jesse Larson, Rocky Novak)
2. PentaBass (Jared Simons, Mike Dippel)
3. Flippin’ Ain’t Easy (Rob Bolke, Aaron Schmoldt)
4. The Bass Whisperers (Jeremy Abbott, Luke Wrubel)
5. Rocks & Docks (Chad Griggs, Derek Griggs)
6. Silver Lining (Jeremie Larson, Bruce Larson)
7. Team Roboworm (Dan Cochran, Billy Linaugh)
8. Last Cast (Paul Hecht, Mark Wessel)
9. Bass Lives Matter (Mike Raetz, Mike Davis)
10. Flippin’ & Lippin’ (Mike Doughty, Tim Krebs)
11. Team StrikeForce (Aaron Grefsrud, Derek Jacobson)
12. Shake N’ Bake (Lucas Matzke, Derek Born)
13. The Bassassins (Dan Krocak, Jim Krocak)
14. DD’s (Dane Dornbush, Dan Lindahl)
Payouts & Awards
Also the team with the Big Bass will receive Jason Mitchell Elite Series bass fishing rods sponsored by Clam Outdoors!
Other Tourney Notes
Safe Handling of Bass: As a reminder, the MN Bass Tour will uphold the safe care and release of bass. If tournament directors observe any careless handling of bass, that team’s bag will be disqualified for that tournament.
Tournament Subs: None known/communicated about at this time, If others are going to require a sub, please notify tournament directors.
Minnesota Bass Tour Clothing Delivery: New branded MN Bass Tour gear will be arriving this weekend. Please ensure you are paid up with Lucas.
Good Luck this weekend on Lake Waconia!Share